Monday 27 February 2012

The last leap year, Beijing

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Maybe the funniest thing I have ever seen. Hundreds of people dancing to pop music in a wave machine swimming pool waiting for a the camera to land on them, so they could dance crazily and wave on a big screen. Now if thats not a way to spend a Saturday afternoon in Beijing, I don't know what is. The water cube is also by far the warmest place in Beijing.Bonus points.

Oh yes the architecture was quite interesting too. I flew over London last friday and saw the Olympic park. Judging only from the air the masterplan is a lot more impressive. Beijing consisted of one 'landing strip' with a buildings either side. Not very creative.

Someone clever pointed out there is a Olympics games every leap year....


2 comments:

  1. That was me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear!! To tell you how much I love your blog and your pictures, I gave you a Leibster Blog Award! I hope you'll like it!!

    http://www.thetraveleater.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award-for-travel-eater.html !! Un abbraccio!

    C.
    __
    http://thetraveleater.com

    ReplyDelete